Participation on a rep team at High Park T-Ball requires both skill and commitment. The girls and boys on the rep teams put in hours of extra practice and their families commit to bringing the players to several weekend tournaments between mid-June and Labour Day weekend.
We send four or five teams to tournaments across Southern Ontario each year.
- High Park All-Stars (co-ed)
- The High Park All-Stars (8A) are eight-year old players who compete with the best T-ball teams in the province, historically with great success.
- The Select (8B) team is also composed mainly of eight-year-old players, who play against other teams of similar ability.
- The Junior All-Star (7A) team is chosen from the seven-year-olds in the league to play in the AAA division at tournaments.
- When numbers allow, we also field a second Junior (7B) team, made up of seven-year-old girls and boys.
- High Park Diamonds (girls)
- Since 2012, we have fielded an all-girls team, the High Park Diamonds. Since then, we’ve had incredible success against co-ed and girls’ all-star teams alike.
Rep Team Try-Outs and Selection
Rep tryouts are open to any child enrolled in the High Park T-Ball house league. We anticipate holding tryouts in late May 2018. Look for an announcement closer to the date about specific times by age group. We try to field at least four teams to give an opportunity to as many players as possible.
Please note that prospective rep team players must be prepared to attend weekly rep practices and be available for the weekend tournaments (several on long weekends) in July and August – that’s on top of practicing and playing for your house league team, which is mandatory for rep players.
Selection for a rep team is based on baseball skills, attitude and commitment demonstrated during tryouts and practices. Our goal, always, is that the rep teams represent the best traditions of High Park T-ball.
All interested players are encouraged to attend tryouts. Interested parents are asked to check the scheduled dates of tournaments to ensure that their child will be available.
Note that tournament dates are subject to confirmation, and not all teams will attend all tournaments. Once the teams are selected, the rep coaches will provide more information.
Tournaments tend to fall on similar weekends to years’ past.
The 2017 tournament schedule included:
- Stoney Creek T-ball Tournament: June 24-26, 2017 (2018 date to be confirmed)
- Erindale T-Ball Tune-Up Tournament: July 15-16, 2017 (2018 date to be confirmed)
- Ancaster World T-Ball Tournament: Civic Holiday Weekend – August 4-7, 2017 (2018 date to be confirmed)
- Dundas T-Ball Tournament: August 25-26, 2017 (2018 date to be confirmed)